- Established on 1923 by British to examine the salary structure of Indian civil service.
- Madras Service commission came into begin under and act of Madras Legislature in 1929.
- Madras Service Commission became Madras Public Service Commission in 1957 with headquarters at Madras.
- 1970 as Madras state name is changed to Tamil Nadu thus the public service commission became Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
TNPSC'S MISSION IS TO
- ENSURE A FREE, FAIR AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR HE STATE CIVIL SERVICES, BY LEVERAGING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
- CONSTANTLY UPDATE ITS RECRUITMENT METHODOLOGY
- SUITABLE ADVICE THE GOVERNMENT ON ALL THE MATTERS RELATING TO THE SERVICE CONDITIONS OF THE PUBLIC SERVANTS.
- SAFEGUARD THE INTEREST AND INTEGRITY OF PUBLIC SERVANTS.