This article explains composition of Reserve Bank of India.
RBI has made up of
- 26 Departments
- Focuses on policy issues in RBIs functional areas and Internal operations.
- 26 Regional offices and branches
- Reserve banks operational arms and customer interfaces.
- Training centres
- Reserve Bank Staff College at Chennai for training RBI officers,
- College of Agricultural Banking at Pune provides training to Co-operative and commercial banks staff which includes regional banks also.
- Zonal training institutions for training of non executive staff at regional centres.
- RBI funded institutions to Advanced training and Research on Banking issues,Economic growth and Banking technology
- National Institute of Bank Management(NIBM) at Pune.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) at Mumbai.
- Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology(IDRBT) at Hyderabad.
- RBI fully owned subsidiaries
- National Housing Bank(NHB)
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC)
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL)
- RBI majority stake, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD)